Friday, February 16, 2007

Ushuaia


Ushuaia, Argentina

Most the pax take off this morning to do some hiking in the nearby National Park, including my

From left: Leigh, Dad, Naomi, Me, Kate, Damon

Dad. So far it’s been good to have him on tour. I feel bad because I haven’t spent that much time with him, but I think that he’s enjoying himself and is getting a real sense of what I do. I can explain it to people at home, but like anything else, you can really know what it is until you experience it yourself.

I like the campground here because there’s a nice big common room attached to the kitchen and dorm rooms with a T.V. and internet in it. It’s so infrequent that I watch TV down here that when I do have one I pretty much just park in front of it when I’m not busy. Claire, Kyanne and I watch a couple of movies.

That afternoon I do some accounting, but for the most part, it’s a pretty lazy afternoon. That night I’ve arranged for the family to hook us up with a parrilla, so there’s no cooking to do. I have a nice nap so I’ll be ready for the night. The BBQ is awesome, like I knew that it would be and we linger around drinking wine until 11pm. Somehow this group has never gone out dancing together, mainly because the dance clubs don’t open until 2am, so tonight I don’t want to go out until late, so we’re not just hanging out somewhere for 5 hours waiting for a club to open up. The good thing is that because we’re so far south it doesn’t get dark until 10:30 at night, so it feels much earlier.

After a couple of drinks, we head down to the dance club.

No comments:

Post a Comment