Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Joisey!

Newark, New Jersey

Snatches of an actual conversation going on next to me at the bar in the Holiday Inn in Newark:

"You know when you first winked at me, I thought you were a hooker (there was no doubt she was a hooker). I mean why would a girl like you be interested in an old guy like me?"

"I just like older men."

"So you're not a hooker?"

"No baby, of course not." (She was barely able to keep a straight face)

"Good, good... So what do you do?"

"Oh, I run my own little business."

"Ah, an entrepreneur! That's great! What kind of business?"

"Umm...let's talk about you."


Hilarious. It's so rare that a place actually lives up to the expectation you have in your head.

That night I went out to see some friends, Alan and Nicole at a great bar named Tierney's in Montclair New Jersey. I wish I would've had more time, but it was kind of fun flashing into town for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment