Monday, November 2, 2009

Hallow-hilarity


Tulsa, OK

I am so glad that Halloween fell on a Saturday this year and I was able to be home, rather than stuck in

Martha as Beyonce, myself and Adam the beet

some Podunk town like I am right now (my apologies to anybody reading from Oklahoma… oh yeah, I DON’T KNOW ANYBODY HERE). Anyway, it was good fun. I had been hearing about the Sisheimer’s Halloween parties ever since I got hooked up with the Mastatal crowd. I was doubly excited because I came up with (in my mind anyway) a good costume idea. I found a grey onesy on the internet, sewed (yes that’s right, I sewed) on paper claws, ears and a tail put together from the ripped-off limbs of a stuffed monkey. Finally, I made a crown out of yellow poster board to finish off my Max from Where The Wild Things Are costume. It would’ve been a lot cooler had I thought of it before the movie came out, but it was still fun. Nate, my roommate, went as Dr. Simon Funke from the show Arrested Development and with the horseshoe hair, mustache and never-nude cut-offs looked just like him. Awesome. Sparky and Dickie (his friend from Sacremento) both painted cardboard boxes and glued on computer parts and went as robots.

The party itself was mainly held in the Sisheimer’s back yard and basement. For the first time I can remember, it was a clear nice evening for Halloween. When we got to the party, I was shocked to find somebody had actually made a very convincing Where The Wild Things Are monster outfit, which made for some fun pictures.

My favorite costume of the night was worn by my friend Adam. He came over to Casi Casa before the party to hang out with us and he was dressed in a lame drunk Airplane Pilot outfit, which basically meant his Pilot’s shirt was half-untucked, but whatever, I’ve definitely had some lazy-ass Halloween costumes. But later at the party it got worse, because we were chatting to a couple of girls and he was going on and on about how he wasn’t just a pilot, but some Russian pilot who got drunk before flying and the girls had no idea what he was talking about and I kept nudging him and saying under my breath, “Dude, shut-up. Nobody wants to hear the story about the Russian pilot.” But he just kept going until the girls excused themselves and I said, “Couldn’t you at least be the Northwest pilots who fell asleep? You know, a little more current.” He just smiled. Little did I know, the pilot costume was only a decoy. Later, all of a sudden, out comes this dude wearing a giant papier-mâché beet that covered his entire body from the waist up to about 3 feet over his head with no arm holes and whatdoyouknow it was Adam It was hilarious because it was so random. Who goes to a costume party in a lame decoy costume?

It was a great night, but not so fun waking up to go to the airport the next morning. By the way, you can view photos from the night at my facebook page.

What I learned today: They’ve done amazing things in the whiteout business since I was in school… AMAZING THINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment