Sunday, March 11, 2007

Star Gazing

La Serena


People spend the day lounging on the beach or at the large mall in town. I spend the day sending off info to the office about the new kids and getting random errands done.

That night some of the pax go on the only tour that I offer in La Serena, the Mamalluca observatory tour. Because of its clear skies and it’s isolation, Northern Chile is one of the world’s best places for star gazing and there are several renown observatories in the area. At the Mamalluca observatory the pax get treated to a presentation on the stars and so forth and are able to look through a couple of high powered telescopes that let them inspect closely for instance the rings around Saturn. I find it very interesting, but I find if I sell this tour too hard a lot of people come back unhappy. Not everybody is that fascinated by looking at stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment