Thursday, March 1, 2007

Bumpity-bump


Barriloche

Another long, bumpy day up Ruta 40. Barriloche is a Swiss-themed town, situated on the beautiful lake Nahueul Huapi. It’s a ski resort in the winter time and has lots of Swiss style chalets and architecture. It even goes so far as to have a bunch of St. Bernards walking around with little barrels around they’re neck. A bit cheesy if you ask me.

That night, I take everybody to what’s called a tenidor libre. It’s basically a big all you can eat buffet with a massive grill with almost any kind of meat. Afterwards we head around the corner to a bowling alley. But I end up playing pool with Claire instead. We started out only playing a couple of games, but something weird happens and I start playing well and winning. She wasn’t having that, so we keep playing and funnily enough I keep winning. Claire can be a stubborn girl and very competitive (though she insists only with me), its 3:30 in the morning when she finally concedes.


No comments:

Post a Comment