Monday, March 12, 2007

Spit and Sangria


Bahia Inglesa

Off we go the next morning up to Bahia Inglesa. I must admit, Northern Chile is not my favorite part of this
Sangria on the beach. I know... my job's tough.

tour. The only reason we stop in Bahia Inglesa is because we have to stop somewhere on our way to San Pedro de Atacames. I actually asked the office if we could change our route and go up through Argentina, which I find to be much more interesting and a whole lot cheaper, but as I expected I was denied.

Anyway, we make the best of it. At the campground they have these little A-frame cabins that are almost as cheap as camping and fun to stay in, so I call ahead and make reservations. Unfortunately, even though I specified what I wanted, the guy made us reservations for these shitty little non-A-frame cabins that are really cramped and in bad shape and of course now the A-frames are all taken up. Grrrr.

Steve has decided to do a spit and I make my famous Sangria, so we still have a pleasant afternoon by the beach sipping on my deceivingly tasty cocktail. It’s not really Sangria at all, but white wine, red wine, vodka, rum, an assortment of juices (whatever I can find) and Sprite. It tastes like fruit punch but punches like a heavyweight.

Steve’s spit is out of this world, as usual. I really need to learn how he does that. Afterwards we pull out the drinking Jenga. On each block of the Jenga there’s so

That night after all the hilarity, I have to share a room with Steve, as there’s not enough rooms to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment